Please note: I write this before actually experiencing said “Music Festival” and I would also like to point out that I booked my trip to Miami prior to knowing that one of the largest outdoor electronic music festivals was taking place the very same weekend. Caveats aside, here is my method and guide to packing for such a trip.
1. I’m pale as I have ever been so I’m fairly certain I will look like shit in my bikini. Enter, Glow to Go. Spray tan happens Friday night before leaving and I’m asking for the darkest setting. I don’t care how dumb I look at BWI because once I touch down in the sunshine state I will fit right in.
- Jean shorts
- Neon Martha’s Vineyard tank top
- Crop top (writes down where to find crop top)
- Fanny pack(s)
3. One of my home girls accompanying me on the trip somehow got us back stage passes for the weekend. I don’t know what “back stage” means but we’ve been given strict instructions:
- Don’t hang out back stage too long
- Don’t mess with the DJ’s
- Don’t be remembered as the drunkest person there
(writes down all of these instructions on ever-growing list)
4. Change toe nail polish from flesh tone to neon
5. Get B-12 shot
6. Peek set lists. (www.ultramusicfestival.com) Create Spotify Playlist “Ultra Weekend.” Pack Jambone for hotel room.
7. “Like” Ultra Music Festival on FB
10. Pack all the Southwest drink tickets you can get your grubby hands on, this is going to be a marathon, not a sprint.